Monday, March 31, 2014

The Wicked Witch of the West

There is one thing in this world that I love nearly as much as Halloween. It's the Wizard of Oz. I watched it with my Dad when I was a kid, and it holds a million truly great memories for me. While my Dad would always pretend to be terrified of the flying monkeys to entertain me I was honestly terrified of The Wicked Witch of the West.

Played by Margaret Hamilton, the Wicked Witch of the West was the supreme villain. All of my Witch Costumes were made to look like the Wicked Witch of the West, and I have always adored her menacing ways of making Dorothy suffer (not that I liked to see Dorothy suffer!). Margaret's face is known in just about every household, and the phrase "I'll get you my Pretty... and your Little Dog too!" is uttered by almost every person who dawns a black pointy hat.


I would like to say that I planned my pilgrimage to see Margaret Hamilton's hat, but I did not. I stumbled upon it while checking out the EMP in Seattle. They have a new Fantasy exhibit there, and here my friends is where you can see the Wicked Witch of the Wests' hat!


Isn't it beautiful!?!?

I seriously gasped audibly when I saw it.

What's your holy grail? This is (one of) mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment