Friday, October 25, 2013

Movie Review | The Cabin in the Woods

Joss Whedon ... Love him? Hate him?
I think the man is talented, and he writes one hell of a storyline for a strong female, but for me, this movie was not at all what I expected, and I'm not sure I liked it, but I'm still kind of thinking about it.

This was not your typical horror movie.

It starts out that way, the way you'd expect... but I think  Wikipedia outlines it for me best.

"five friends who travel to a remote cabin for a holiday and become victims of a seemingly stereotypical horror movie plot while being observed via hidden cameras by mysterious office workers"

Next thing you know there's a family of redneck zombies and a killing spree has begun!

The movie boils down to a pagan ritual that needs to be fulfilled, and how it gets there is still a little puzzling to me.



But... then again, I was watching it with my 2 year old cousin playing in the room next to us and she couldn't quit singing and playing... not the best way to watch a horror movie - so don't take my word for it, you may want to give it a shot.

I may give it a second glance myself.



Bottom line, if you like a good horror movie with suspense and a lot of gore... this is your type of movie. See above if you had any doubts.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was going to be a run-of-the-mill Cabin Fever type film, but was shocked by what it actually is! So great!

    ReplyDelete