Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Walking Dead

I can't believe I have had this blog up and running for this long and I have not mentioned the AWESOME that is The Walking Dead on Sunday Nights! I didn't think I could get into a Zombie show, but since it premiered on Halloween in 2010 I have been HOOKED. I think part of it is that I was in the mood to see Zombiness, but the other part is it is just THAT well done. I won't say much about the plots, but let me just say that I think that the writers are BRILLIANT, and since I haven't read the comic (yet) I am literally on the edge of my seat every minute of the show. I am amazed each and every episode. I don't think they can surprise me, but then something just catches me completley off guard.

If you are holding out (for whatever stupid reason) my advice to you is to watch it and watch it NOW!

We're solid into the 3rd Season and I grow to love the characters more and more with every episode. My favorite is Glenn played by Steven Yeun and Daryl played by Norman Reedus (whom my husband met at comicon in 2010). They are both solid players in the show, and the ones who you grow to love for what they contribute to the group.

I read an article the other day about how the Walking Dead is the most deadly show ever aired on Television averaging 38 deaths per show. The crazy part about it is that the deaths aren't unnecessary or over the top, it's just a really great story about people living in a world where they are no longer safe to walk down the street without fear of the Walkers.

One of my favorite off shoots of The Walking Dead is the show that Chris Hardwick hosts (Talking Dead) after the new episode airs, he often has on the actors themselves or other people who are fanatics of the WD. Each episode of the TALKING Dead they have an "In Memoriam" segment where they rehash the deaths from the episode. Often they are numbered "Walker #1... etc." That's the video I posted above - Enjoy Zombie Kills.

And, if you're not a fan - YOU ARE CRAZY...!
Stop what you are doing, and watch it, watch it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment