Monday, August 5, 2013

Movie Review | Frankenweenie


I feel like this movie should have been a complete home run for me. A movie I'd adore because of it's fun, but spooky tones. I actually fell asleep during part of it, so I'm not sure that I can even give it much of a fair review, but I wasn't that tired, so me falling asleep during it is kind of reflective of the movie itself. 

It is slow moving, Sparky the dog dies, Victor brings him back to life, then hides him from the world. Then, the bullies start bringing random things to life to beat him at the science fair after they find out about the resurrected Sparky and in the end, we're all a happy family trying to keep Sparky charged.

Sure, parts of it were heart warming, but mostly It falls pretty flat in comparison to the brilliance behind Para Norman which came out back to back with Frankenweenie.

I really wanted to like this movie, but I think it's kind of boring. I have never really been much of a Tim Burton fanatic, so I feel like maybe I need to hop off the Tim Burton Train when it comes to movies, but I also can't deny how much I LOVE Edward Scissorhands - and maybe I'm just looking for more gems like that out there.


What did you think of Frankenweenie? Am I the only one who isn't raving about it? I have been looking through the internet for reviews, and everyone else seemed to LOVE it. Maybe it's just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment