Today's post is brought to you by Buzz Feed I present to you - 13 things you probably didn't know about Hocus Pocus! My facts are taken from the Buzz feed, but I encourage you to pop over to that link and check out the Gifs!
1. Omri Katz was ill during his first audition and was initially rejected for the role of Max Dennison.
2. Leo DiCaprio was reportedly offered the part of Max, but turned it down to star in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.
3. Seven statues were made of Winifred Sanderson from the scene in which she dies - One is located at Planet Hollywood in Orlando, FL!
O’Donnell was originally offered the role of Mary Sanderson, but she
turned it down because she didn’t want to play a “scary witch.” - One could argue Rosie is always a Scary Witch!
5. During “I Put A Spell On You,” Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy. - In Hocus Pocus she says "Hello Salem! My Name's Winifred! What's yours?" and during Roses turn in Gypsy she says the same thing.
6. In the original VHS trailer, they showed two scenes that weren’t in the movie.
7. During a 2008 BBC interview, Bette Midler said that out of all her movies, this was her favorite.
8. It was
revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell,
who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
9.Hocus Pocus was written as a Disney Channel Original Movie, but ended up being made into a motion picture.
10. The movie was released in the summer of 1993 rather than the fall.
11. Penny and Garry Marshall play husband and wife in the film, but they’re actually brother and sister.
12. After Max,
Dani, and Allison lock the witches in the kiln, they celebrate outside.
The house directly behind Max and Thackery is the same house used in Christmas Vacation.
13. The movie grossed $39.5 million and appears on ABC Family every October. - Which is great because it's the BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!